Back with new post! Like finally!! It’s been such a busy semester, having internship right now!! Baked rainbow cupcakes topped with pink vanilla buttercream frosting with rainbow sprinkles and marble cupcake topped with coffee buttercream frosting and mocha bean! Hehe.
Just as what title is! I went to Pâtisserie Glacé twice!! Their pastries there are so pretty and yummy!!😀
Yay! Finally a new blog post!!
I’m going to introduce this pork belly wrap with enoki mushroom!!
I first found out this dish is through the newly opened shop, Wadori Yakitori.
They were selling this, I tried it and I love the match of pork belly with enoki mushroom! But I think I still prefer Tori-Q although Tori-Q didn’t sell this.
So I wanted to try doing it on my own!! And I finally did it!!
First, I’m going to introduce the sauce that I used.
So first you have to marinade the pork belly for a few hours for more taste.
Next, you have to wrap the enoki mushroom inside.
Then put into the oven and grill for like 15~20mins for both side at 180degrees.
Both side means you have to flip to the opp side and continue to grill.
It took a longer time, because I’m scared that the pork belly is not thoroughly cooked and I want to have the brownish/caramelized colour.
Gonna show you the finalised one!!😀
That’s the end of the post!!
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #10: Easy as pie(August2011), hosted by Janine of Not the Kitchen Sink!
I will posting the fruit tarts recipe!! Happy a not? Excited a not??
Ingredients for the tart shells:
150g of flour (I used all-purpose flour!)
2tbsp of cornflour
1 1/2 tbsp of icing sugar
1/4 tsp of salt (I omit this)
1 egg yolk
100g of butter
Instructions for the tart shells:
1. Sift flour, cornflour and icing sugar together.
2. Add in butter, and rub the mixture till it resembles like bread crumbs.
3. Add egg yolk to form a dough.
4. Chill in fridge for 1hour.
Ingredients for the cream:
250g of cream cheese
100g of granulated sugar
1tsp of vanilla extract
Instructions for the cream:
1. Beat all together till smooth.
For the toppings:
Any fresh fruits. I used grapes and strawberries all the time!
Try to do it at home!😀
I’m back with one awesome stuff!!
Using this korean sauce which you can easily buy at Fairprice.
Not sure NTUC has it, cos GIANT and ShengShiong dont have.
I usually buy the orange colour one which only has one chilli spicy level.
It comes with 2 size, one is 250ml which is the smaller one and the bigger one is 500ml.
Anyway, went over to Daphne’s house to do the chicken wings!
We went to wet market to buy the frozen mid-joint chicken wings in the late morning. We bought 1kg (around 21~23 wings) and we bought the big bottle sauce at fairprice xtra.
1 packet of 1kg frozen mid-joint chicken wings
1 bottle 250ml korean sauce (Used slightly more than 250ml)
1. Defrost the chicken, wash and cut away excess fats of the chicken wings.
2. Slightly dry the chicken wing by squeezing the excess water out.
3. Marinate the chicken wings with the sauce for a few hours.
4. Put it into the oven at 170 Degree Celsius for around 15minutes for both sides of the chicken. (Depends on your oven)
A simple yet yummy dish! Let the photos show you the different stages of doing it!
I finally started my first post here!! Actually I did this about a week plus ago, but couldn’t find time to post it.
But I tweaked a little for my own convenience actually. I omit the milk and gelatin powder. For the maple syrup, I have used Macdonald’s hotcake syrup! Haha, so much for being thrifty! And instead of 1/2 tbsp of the syrup, I used 2 tsp. So for the method part, I have already change to the steps I did.
Non-Bake Oreo Cheesecake (Adapted from: Small Small Baker)
Ingredients (makes one 6 inch loose-base round tin) (*I used the rectangle aluminium)
50g Oreo cookies (I used 3packets, which mean 9 oreo cookies)
25g melted butter
Cream Cheese Filling:
125g cream cheese
15g icing sugar
1/2 tbsp gelatin powder + 35g water
130ml whipping cream – whipped till medium peak (dairy or non-dairy)
1/2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
5 Oreo cookies, blend finely or crush to small pieces (own preference)
3 Oreo cookies, blend or crush till as fine as possible
1. Remove the cream from the Oreo cookies. Blend or crush the cookies as fine as possible.
2. Combine with the melted butter. Press firmly onto the base of the cake tin.
3. Chill for at least 2 hours. (I didnt chill for 2 hours, but I think around 1 hour)
Cream Cheese Filling:
1. Beat cream cheese with icing sugar till well combined.
2. Whipped whipping cream till medium peak.
3. Fold in whipped cream and divide mixture into 2 portions.
4. Fold in crushed Oreo cookies into 1 portion and maple syrup (or honey) and vanilla extract into the other portion.
5. Pour in the white portion into the chilled biscuit base. Level the cream cheese filling and put it into the fridge to let it set.
6. Put in the bits of oreo on top the white portion. (Your own preference.)
7. Pour the Oreo cream cheese filling onto the set white cream cheese and level it.
8. Sprinkle crushed oreo on top.
9. Put into the fridge to let it set for 2 to 3 hours.
10. Slice and serve chilled.
Even though I omitted so much thing and my level of oreo cream cheese filling is not very clear and clean, but the taste is still awesome!!😀
And for the number of oreo cookies can varies! To your own preference!!